this month's zoo: this day. this time. this place

it's going to be fun. invite friends and as always, bring your monkeys. (by the way, if you're wondering why this doesn't make sense, it's because I haven't filled it in yet.)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Be Excited!

February's zoo is just around the corner. Less than one week, to be exact. Are you ready for it? Do you have your stuff? Capes are done and they are UBER super cute! Don't believe me? Check out the proof: (this is just a teaser peeps! check out more pics in the original cape post)
A couple last minute things though:


  • Please bring scissors. These projects involve a lot of cutting. And 2 pairs of scissors just isn't going to cut it for 15 mamas. (get the play on words there? clever, clever.) So, if you have them, bring them.

  • Also, sewing machines. We need them. If you have one, please bring it.

  • Thread: whether or not you have a sewing machine, if you are planning on making capes, you need to bring your own matching thread.

  • Gwen and I will provide 2 irons/ironing boards, as well as pins, pencils, patterns, etc.

  • Demonstrations, help, and examples will be there for your enjoyment.

And finally, Be excited because I sure am! This is going to be a blast!

{By the way, just because you make two capes, which equals out to be four different superheros, does not guarantee that you won't have fights. I never imagined SuperWhy would be so popular... I might have to make yet another one.}

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! I'm excited! By the way, Amy W. suggested making Jewlery at one of our activities so I definitely thing that should go on the list of ideas...now we just need to find someone that can teach us how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOOOOOO excited to go got my materials this weekend. It will be interesting to see if Susie likes a superhero cape more than her dreaded tutu. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie Neibaur is no longer working during the day and I think she would like to join us. She does jewelry! I also thought we could do some cooking classes.

    ReplyDelete