this month's zoo: this day. this time. this place

it's going to be fun. invite friends and as always, bring your monkeys. (by the way, if you're wondering why this doesn't make sense, it's because I haven't filled it in yet.)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WOW!!! ... now that was just CrAzY tOWn.

We made it women!
(and by we I mean Gwen and I, and by made it I mean we are still alive. Very happy to have hosted and happy to be done.)
Zoo #1 is complete! and as Emily says "So let it be written, so let it be done."
WHEW!
What a fun time though.
Seriously.
For any desperately dying to know, a total of 18 women and multitudes of monkey's attended this month's zoo.
That's just plain awesome!
I had fun... although I will never wear those shoes ever again in my adult life.
(what was I thinking?? I'm never going to be too lazy to mate socks again.)
We learned a couple things along the way.
Like for instance, have a tutorial BEFORE people start going.
(My apologies to those affected by my lack of instructions)
But, we will know for next time.
I would also like to send out a shout out to all you wonderful ladies who went above and beyond to help clean up afterwards.
Gwen and I never expected so much help.
I know I speak for both of us when I say, THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
You saved us an extra hour, at least.
For those of you not able to attend. I have in my grubby little paws the patterns and instructions for the capes, so give me a ring, or a comment, or an e-mail. I would be happy to share.
As far as the tutus go, we were all so consumed in capes that we didn't get to tap into the awesomeness that is the tutu. Because instructions for how to make one are posted all over the blasted web I feel no shame, remorse, or fear in posting a link to one of the tutorials here for you to look at. If this one doesn't float your boat, type "no sew tutu" in your search engine and sit back while you are floaded with other options. Enjoy! Here is a video one as well.
(and, if you still find yourself baffled, Kayla, Gwen, and I all know the in and outs of it)
We are looking forward to next months zoo. Jami and Emily will be hosting and it will be legend
...wait for it...
dary.
Legendary.
More deets soon to come.
(Amy, would you do me a favor and send over any pics you got, or just post them on the facebook group page. Thanks! Way to remember your camera AND memory card. You truly have it together woman.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brit! I sent you some pics but I'm not sure what you got if anything! There should be a total of 7!

    ReplyDelete