this month's zoo: this day. this time. this place

it's going to be fun. invite friends and as always, bring your monkeys. (by the way, if you're wondering why this doesn't make sense, it's because I haven't filled it in yet.)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentine's Day Wreath


Found this adorable wreath quite by accident this morning on a blog called tutus and turtles, which linked me to this blog called little birdie secrets. I thought I'd pass it along. Best part of all is it is a monkey friendly project. We will most definitely be doing this one. Check out the instructions here.
By the way: Did you know that this blog (our blog) has the possibility to be an excellent resource for posting and finding cute/fun ideas for you to do with or without your monkeys? Well, it does. So start posting those fun ideas you have/find. Let's make this a resource. Any little traditions, crafts, tips, etc. If you think it's awesome, pass it on.

4 comments:

  1. Alright I LOVE this wreath and will be making one this weekend if anybody wants to join me before V-Day is actually here.
    p.s. Brittany I tried to make my own heart garland, like yours, but poster glitter paint and lame-o scissors just didn't do it for me... That's why I need new a Valentine's day project. Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, I would love to join you! Also, there is a cute v-day garland that my cousin made. She posted it on her blog, http://jordanandjandee.blogspot.com/2009/02/feelin-love.html
    I'm debating on whether I love hers more than mine... I really think I might.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh shoot--I couldn't resist and stayed up late, REALLY late, Thursday night to make my wreath... It turned out pretty darn cute--thanks for the idea. And to anybody else interested, I looked at Alco, Kings, Walmart, and Sierras, and couldn't find a styrofoam heart. I finally found a medium sized one at Joannes for $4.00. It was the last heart on the shelf though, so I'd call ahead before you made a trip to the big city just for it. Also, The ladies at Sierra's really seemed to think Pinehurst (green house there in Poky) would have them but I didn't stop in. And one last thing, I found it worked much better to let my glue set out for a few hours because it got more tacky-ish and I didn't have to hold each piece on for 30 seconds.

    I'll post a photo of it on my blog as soon as I finish some other chores...
    www.goparkersgo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm just grateful you did all the running for me. Now I don't have to hit all the stores trying to find a styrofoam heart. Thanks for the tips. Also, don't worry, my husband popped a trip out of town on me today, so I wouldn't have been able to come anyway.

    ReplyDelete